6 care tips for your vacuum cleanerAugust 26, 2019
Vacuum cleaning mistakes you should correct right awayApril 9, 2021
When it comes to vacuum cleaning, we all know that we should do it frequently. Dust and dirt settle quickly on carpeted surfaces and rugs. The fact that the spoils don’t show immediately doesn’t mean they are not there. It is up to you and your trusty vacuum to address this.
But the truth of the matter is that so many people switch on autopilot when they start vacuuming. It gets to the point where you don’t think about the chore and end up doing an ineffective job, which doesn’t provide the result you require. If you don’t vacuum effectively, you are essentially wasting your time, and that means more cleaning in the very near future. To prevent this, you should learn of the things you should not do while vacuuming, if you wish to ensure a good outcome. Here are a few examples:
- You should not ignore the attachments – the attachments of the vacuum cleaner are there for a reason, and you will do well to consider using them. They can help you reach narrow spaces and corners, not to mention pick up pet hair from upholstery and carpet fibres. Thanks to the attachments, you can have an easy time addressing the mess inside your car, or perhaps reach the underneath heavy furniture, which you’d otherwise need to move. Browse your arsenal of attachments and start using them to your advantage.
- You should not rush through the task – if you are too speedy during your vacuuming runs, you must know that you won’t pick up much debris off the carpet. Vacuuming is a task best done slowly and steadily. This gives the vacuum enough time to suck the dirt and dust particles off the carpet fibres. A quick move is hardly going to do that. The next time you are vacuuming, make sure to go slow and steady, especially over the high-traffic areas that see more soiling.
- You should never postpone vacuuming – the main problem many people have with vacuuming is that it takes time to do it frequently and it is just not that easy. But there is a reason why experts recommend regular vacuuming, as it means the dust and dirt particles don’t get to settle in deep within the fibres. If you are negligent and only vacuum from time to time, you won’t be able to get all of the debris out of the carpet, and that is just not ideal, especially if the carpet takes a substantial area of the place.
- You should not miss areas under furniture – while having to move furniture around is a hard task; you should not ignore it. Dust accumulates under couches and chairs, albeit slower than open areas. It is a good idea to move large pieces of furniture once or twice a year so that you can vacuum underneath. Enlist some help for this task, because it can be difficult on your own. As already mentioned, you can also utilise some attachments to help you reach the areas under furniture, even without moving the items.
- You should not vacuum in the same direction only – when vacuuming, make sure to rotate the patterns. If you only vacuum in the same direction, some of the dust and dirt will remain concealed and impossible to remove. That is why it is a good idea to change between vertical and horizontal moves with the hose.
When it comes to vacuuming, avoiding these simple mistakes can lead to a much better outcome of the job.
© PCCL Ltd