How to keep the carpet clean with a pet dog?August 20, 2018
Prevent mould on your carpet in a few easy stepsOctober 25, 2018
Vacuuming may be a chore that you are not in love with since it is a recurring one. It takes time and a lot of effort to do it properly, as part of your carpet cleaning routine. You may even feel like it is futile since vacuuming doesn’t even pick up all of the dust and dirt. Yet, you should know that as much as it is cumbersome, vacuuming is a necessary part of doing chores.
There are notable benefits that you should think about:
- Better the atmosphere of your home – you may think that all of the dirt and dust that end up on the carpet simply stay there, but that is not the case. As you step on the carpet, all of the fine particles are released into the air. This means pollen, pet dander and all of the other allergens that reside within the fibres flies into the air of your room, potentially causing health problems. They also end up in the vents of your home, which is unhygienic and unhealthy. Regular vacuuming limits these spoils within the carpet.
- Unfortunately, if you don’t clean the carpet on a regular basis, all of the fine particles will grind into the fabric, causing wear and tear. Ensure that you don’t let this happen by taking the time to clean the carpet often enough.
- Eliminate unpleasant odours – if you have pets in your home, you will feel a musty odour left by the fur and pet dander of the animals. One way to keep that odour at bay is by vacuuming regularly, to avoid fur and pet dander to create this bad odour.
- The colour of the carpet remains vivid – a lot of carpets today are specially treated with certain products that make their colour more resistant against stains. If a staining substance is not completely removed, dust and dirt will make matters worse, as their particles will stick to the stain and will create easily noticeable dirty patches. Regular vacuuming minimises the risk.
- Reduce the risk of pest infestations – various insects that come into your home may crawl into the fibres of long carpets. It sounds scary, especially if you are afraid of spiders and other such crawlies. Vacuuming on a regular basis will remove these from the carpet, along with any eggs they may have left.
- It preserves your furniture as well – you may not have thought about this before, but regular vacuuming also preserves your upholstered furniture. The dust and other spoils coming from the carpet may end up there and grind into the fabric. Prevent this process by using your vacuum cleaner more frequently.
All of these benefits are real, and you better take them into consideration. Don’t postpone carpet cleaning and you will experience all of them.
© PCCL Ltd