Important cleaning tips for different types of carpetMarch 13, 2018
6 tips on choosing the right vacuum cleaner for your homeMay 16, 2018
If you want to keep your carpet in decent shape, you best learn how to vacuum properly. There is no doubt that without sufficient vacuuming, the carpet will soon enough develop way too much dust for comfort. The only solution is to employ effective vacuum cleaning to deal with the mess.
It turns out vacuum cleaning is not as simple as you think. Instead, it is one task you need to address more effectively when need be.
To learn how to deal with all of the dust, you can employ several proven tips:
- Dust the area first – this tip is more about the time before you even bust out the vacuum cleaner. Whenever you dust, you can be sure that some of the spoils will end up on the carpet, as you cannot be 100% effective in catching all the debris. If you vacuum first and then dust, you will not be doing much. So always tackle dust before you vacuum clean the area.
- Clear out small objects – how many times have your children cried to you that they have lost a toy piece? Maybe the vacuum cleaner is the culprit. It makes sense to do a thorough declutter of the area before you clean the vacuum cleaner. Pick up all the clutter you see around. Not only will this make your vacuum cleaning more effective, but also reduce the chance of some small item getting lost. Also, keep in mind that small items may damage the machine if they get stuck in the wrong place.
- Move furniture from time to time – yes, moving furniture around is not the easiest thing. However, it is something you need to do. Areas under furniture harbour a lot of dust over time and it is up to you to deal with it. It is an overkill moving furniture every single time you vacuum, but doing so two or three times a year is ideal. If you find this task too hard, just recruit some help or use one of the vacuum attachments. Speaking of which …
- Don’t ignore attachments – vacuum cleaner attachments are there for a reason. They make your job easier and allow you to vacuum areas that would otherwise be beyond your reach. Why is it that so many people seem to forget vacuum cleaner attachments exist?
- Change the bag and filter– one of the most common mistakes people make in regards to vacuuming is ignoring the bag for too long. You should not wait till the bag is full, but rather empty/replace it two-thirds of the way. In the case of a vacuum cleaner with a filter, change it every 6 months. This way you will not be releasing harmful toxins back into the air of the room you are cleaning in.
Following all of these tips is not only a sure way to make vacuum cleaning easier but also a superb way to increase your expertise in this basic carpet cleaning form.
© PCCL Ltd