6 things you didn’t know you can vacuumMay 17, 2019
6 tips that will allow you to deal with pet hair easilyJuly 26, 2019
Regularly vacuuming your carpet and rugs is definitely important, since it will keep dirt and dust at bay. It will also prevent bacteria and allergens from accumulating within the fibres of these fabric items, thus exacerbating any allergies you have.
Vacuuming is the most basic forms of carpet cleaning, which you have to make time for. Without investing in the effort, you will soon enough find your carpet is a bit of a mess. To make your vacuuming more effective, you should adopt several simple tips.
Start taking notes:
- Invest in a powerful vacuum cleaner – the vacuum cleaner is one tool you will frequently be using. Thus, it makes sense to invest in a powerful one. Even if it turns out to be more expensive than you’d like, a vacuum cleaner with several different settings is going to become your best friend in the long run. Make sure it has the raw power needed to lift up dust and dirt particles from deep within the fibres, but don’t forget to look past that as well. It needs to be convenient to use, easy enough to carry around, in case you have to move it from one room to another, and it needs to do the job just perfectly.
- Get a robo-vac – robot vacuum cleaners have been around for quite some time now. They have proven their worth many times, although it is clear that you cannot always rely on them entirely. They cannot clean well around corners and stairs, not to mention it takes them quite a lot of time to finish a large area. But you can use them for something very helpful: to prep the area that you are about to vacuum clean. Once they have done their job, it is your turn to remove the remaining dust from the carpet with a more powerful vacuum cleaner.
- Make full use of the vacuum attachments – even the most basic vacuum cleaners come with at least one attachment that you can use to improve your vacuuming efficiency. A brush attachment basically allows you to vacuum blinds and other areas. There are also attachments you can use to deal with dust on the upholstery and even curtains. Some of the attachments allow you to deal with tight areas and corners. Overall, you can accomplish quite a lot by making full use of the vacuum cleaner attachments.
- It would help if you are a little preventive – leaving your shoes at the door means you will be bringing in less dust and dirt inside your home and on the carpet pile. It is not super difficult to achieve, but it makes a huge difference in the long run. Don’t forget to include a good doormat as well, since a good wipe there will leave most of the accumulated debris on your soles outside of your home.
- Implement a schedule – sometimes you invite guests, and the carpet in your home see higher activity. Needless to say, you will have to vacuum after that. But in many cases, you will do well to implement a vacuuming schedule and stick with it. For example, using the vacuum every week or so will keep dust and dirt out of your carpet from accumulating. This is one advantage you are going to feel in the quality of air in your home since there will be less dust released into the air as you walk on the dusty carpet.
Implementing these tips in your routine will bring about some much-needed change to the state of your carpet and rugs.
© PCCL Ltd