Top benefits of hiring professional carpet cleaning servicesJune 27, 2018
How to keep the carpet clean with a pet dog?August 20, 2018
Your vacuum cleaner is the main tool used for carpet cleaning in your home. Without it, you can barely cope with the amount of dust and dirt that end up on the carpet from the outside.
As you use the vacuum cleaner to remove spoils from the carpet, you must not forget that it needs some cleaning too. There are some things you must see to in order to ensure the wellbeing of the vacuum so that it can function efficiently.
Here’s a list of the most vital activities in order to prolong the life of your vacuum cleaner:
- Replace the bag – one of the main mistakes people make in regards to vacuuming is forgetting to replace the bag. You have to do this on a regular basis, not just when the bag is 100% full. Vacuum cleaners work best when the bag is full up to 2/3 of its maximum capacity. When it gets fully packed, it will send dust and dirt particles flying back into the room, at which point you are no longer cleaning, but only making the place worse. Stay on top of changing the vacuum cleaner bag, and the machine will work well. In time, you will learn to tell when the bag is full just by the sound the machine makes.
- Attach the bag properly – another thing you need to be mindful of is attaching the bag. It may sound easy enough, but you need to be extra careful. Different brands require a different approach, and so you may end up in a lot of trouble if you are careless. The one thing all vacuum cleaners have in common is that they require the opening of the bag to be secured on the nozzle. All clips and nooks should be firmly attached as well. If you don’t attach the bag, debris will end up in the vacuum cleaner, which is a disaster.
- Empty vacuums without a bag often – much like you need to empty the bag regularly, you also need to keep an eye on the canister that bagless vacuums collect debris in. Some models have a marker to suggest when you should empty, though it is best to do it after every use really. It is the best way to ensure dust doesn’t settle inside.
- Check the brush roll – the brush roll will often times get tangled with hair and other debris, so it is up to you to clean it on a regular basis. You can remove the objects without detaching the brush roll itself. However, for a more thorough clean, you should detach the roll and clean its components separately.
- Inspect filters and hose – most vacuum cleaners have a filter that picks up the particles escaping the bag/canister. Clean said filter and replace it periodically. As for hoses, the main danger comes from them picking up a large object. Clear out any obstructions you notice so that your vacuum cleaner can do its job to a high standard.
There is little doubt that by following these care tips, your vacuum cleaner is going to remain in top shape.
© PCCL Ltd