6 carpet stains you have to deal with when living with childrenJanuary 30, 2018
Important cleaning tips for different types of carpetMarch 13, 2018
The carpet of your home is a solid investment, which you should protect. That means carpet cleaning and maintenance should not be outside of your scope. The last thing you want is having to replace the carpet soon after you have acquired it.
There are some proven methods to extend the life of the carpet at home. They feature a combination of preventive measures as well as cleaning tips, which are sure to work. As long as you are diligent and stay on top of chores, your carpet will do just fine.
Here are few guidelines for you to follow:
- Keep the dirt out – one of the best ways to ensure your carpet stays clean is to implement preventive measures in regards to the dirt that enters your home. People track in dirt and dust, along with a whole range of other spoils. Not only do these ingrain deep within the fibres of the carpet, but they also pose a health risk to people with allergies. Thankfully, there is a simple solution. Just follow strict rules about people leaving their shoes at the door. That will keep the dirt out and overall preserve your carpet clean for longer. You should also lay an entryway mat for people to wipe their feet off. Entry mats and area rugs sure are a necessary first step to preserving your carpet.
- Clean stains as soon as possible – one of the worst things that can ever happen to a carpet is stains. Whether it is a pet mess, an accidental spill or a food splatter, you need to react quickly. The more you wait, the harder it gets to clean the stain and the lower your chance of success. On the other hand, when you react quickly, you can efficiently remove a bad stain and prevent a permanent mark on the carpet.
- Stay on top of vacuuming – if you think about it, vacuuming is the simplest way of keeping dust and debris off the carpet. If you get negligent, dust particles and other spoils will accumulate and end up within the carpet fibres. You should be vacuuming once a week at the very least. For areas that see high human traffic, you should halve that time. Remember that about 90% of all dirt can be removed with a vacuum cleaner and some weekly effort.
- Rearrange your furniture periodically – when you keep your furniture fixed on the carpet for extended periods of time, you can expect some wear to occur. Besides, when furniture is continuously pressing against carpet fibres, it will indent the fabric. To prevent this, you should periodically rearrange your furniture.
- Hire professional carpet cleaning services regularly – every carpet can do with a professional clean every six months. Even if you are regular on your vacuuming efforts, some dust will still accumulate. Only specialised machinery can deal with it. Not to mention that steam carpet cleaning deals with a lot of the bacteria lurking within carpet fibres.
Following these strategies to extend the life of your carpet is not that difficult. They can have a significant impact on the quality of the carpet, so it is worth pursuing them.
© PCCL Ltd